Thematic Workshops and Conferences
Applications for thematic workshops and conferences are possible at any time.
- Deadline for applications: 15 January (for events between 1 September and 28 February)
- Deadline for applications: 15 July (for events between 1 March – 31 August)
- Maximum funding sum: 5.000 Euro
The ScienceCampus EEGA offers open-rank and cross-institutional activities that create an efficient platform for excellent multi-disciplinary cooperation. Part of these collaborative activities are thematic workshops and conferences organised by and for Postdocs.
EEGA invites for proposals for thematic workshops and conferences, including thematic writing retreats and discussion fora. Applications must be related institutionally to one of the EEGA partner institutions (directly or through existing cooperations) and topically to the research focus of one or more research areas. Preparatory contact with the respective research area coordinators is advised. Workshops can take place in Germany or in Eastern Europe in a wider sense. The events may vary in group sizes, though should not have less than 5 participants or more than 25. Generally, a workshop, conference or writing retreat should not exceed 3 days.
The support offered by EEGA can have the form of either full funding of costs for travel, accommodation, honoraria, catering, equipment and room rent for the workshop, or partial subsidies for events that have secured funding elsewhere but require smaller financial supplements, e.g. for the invitation of guests or prominent guest speakers. The coordination of the ScienceCampus can assist with general administrational and organisational support, for example in identifying guest speakers and moderators, cooperation partners, venues and main target audiences for the event. The applicant(s) as main organiser(s) are responsible for actual invitations, consultations with guest speakers, calls for papers and bookings and arrangements for travel, accommodation and catering.
The scholar(s) organising the thematic workshop, writing retreat or discussion forum are asked to
- mention and display the ScienceCampus EEGA as supporter of your workshop on conference materials and in announcements,
- inform the EEGA coordination about changes in the outset of your event,
- use the financial support by EEGA for measures and purposes that are stated in your application and that have been acknowledged by the EEGA coordination only,
- to submit a summary of the workshop in form of either a working paper with contributions by workshop participants or a conference report for publication in the EEGA@connections series of the online journal “connections” (http://www.connections.clio-online.net/). The editorial board of the journal will provide advise regarding layout, scope and quality of your publication.
- to provide pictures of the event (good quality with min. 300 dpi, no mobile phone pictures!) for our annual report and other marketing purposes (e.g. the EEGA website)
- to provide data regarding participants and output of your event for EEGA statistics
The event should be open for junior and senior scholars of EEGA member institutions.
Reimbursements and payments will be handled by the EEGA. Funds have to be used economically and planned expenses need to be ratified by the EEGA coordination. Necessary guidelines can be provided.
Applications must include:
1. EEGA Application Form
2. CVs (of main organisers)
3. Calculation of expected costs
Please submit your application as one PDF (max. 18 pages, 10 MB) to email@example.com.